UKATA Asbestos Awareness
Personnel who may come across asbestos or asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) must be appropriately trained to work safely and avoid disturbing or damaging the hazardous substance.
UKATA Asbestos Awareness training provides increased awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos.
Delegates will gain an understanding of the affect exposure to asbestos can cause to health.
Delegates completing UKATA Asbestos Awareness training will be able to;
- Understand the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- Identify the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings and items of plant (where appropriate)
- Avoid the risks from asbestos by understanding where to obtain information on asbestos in premises prior to commencing work and what to do if suspicious materials are found
- Use appropriate workplace precautions including the risk assessment process or seek advice on workplace precautions in respect of the risks of asbestos
- Undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others
- Understand the key aspects of the asbestos regulations and how they fit into the broader context of health and safety legislation
- Follow procedures when coming into unintentional contact with ACMs
- Understanding appropriate emergency arrangements when coming into unintentional contact with ACMs
UKATA Asbestos Awareness training includes;
- What is absestos
- Types of asbestos
- Properties Of asbestos
- Entry into the body
- Health affects
- Asbestos in buildings
- Legal requiremenets
- Emergency procedures
- Legislation and guidelines
There are no prerequisites for UKATA Asbestos Awareness training.