OPITO Combined Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with CA-EBS and EBS
OPITO combined HUET training includes Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and Emergency Breathing System (EBS).
Combined HUET training with CA-EBS and EBS is considered the international requirement. If you do not require EBS training you can book an OPITO HUET with CA-EBS >>
OPITO HUET training prepares offshore personnel to travel to and from offshore oil and gas installations and vessels by helicopter.
The course includes specific training in pre-flight and in-flight requirements. Delegates will gain the basic emergency response knowledge and skills required in the event of a helicopter emergency, with specific focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching.
Delegates compelting an OPITO combined HUET training course will be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of safety equipment
- Follow procedures in preparing for and during helicopter emergencies
- Demonstrate safe escape from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate the correct use of a Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and an Emergency Breathing System (EBS)
An OPITO combined HUET training course includes:
- Helicopter safety and escape
- Helicopter travel
- Helicopter emergencies
- Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and Emergency Breathing System (EBS)
In order to complete an OPITO combined HUET training course, delegates must hold:
- A valid Fit To Train certificate (mandatory from April 2018, evidence of which must be supplied before the course date)
Please Note: Fit to train relates to the risk of using Compressed Air Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS) and is designed to ensure you are physically fit to use them. OPITO offshore survival courses include in-water training with CA-EBS. You can book your Fit to Train at AIS Survivex >>