OPITO Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with CA-EBS
OPITO HUET training with CA-EBS includes Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS).
HUET training with CA-EBS is considered the North Sea requirement, if you require a HUET with CA-EBS and EBS (which is considered the international HUET requirement) you can email us >> or call us on 0330 202 0668.
OPITO HUET training prepares offshore personnel to travel to and from offshore oil and gas installations and vessels by helicopter.
The course includes specific training in pre-flight and in-flight requirements. Delegates will gain the basic emergency response knowledge and skills required in the event of a helicopter emergency, with specific focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching.
HUET training also includes the use of a compressed air emergency breathing system (CA-EBS) which is supplied during offshore helicopter travel.
Delegates completing OPITO HUET training with CA-EBS will be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of safety equipment
- Follow procedures in preparing for and during helicopter emergencies
- Demonstrate safe escape from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate the correct use of a Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
OPITO HUET training with CA-EBS includes:
- Helicopter safety and escape
- Helicopter travel
- Helicopter emergencies
- Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
In order to complete OPITO HUET training with CA-EBS, delegates must hold:
- A valid and in-date Fit To Train certificate (mandatory from April 2018, evidence of which must be supplied before the course date)
- A valid and in-date OGUK offshore medical certificate
Please Note: Fit to train relates to the risk of using Compressed Air Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS) and is designed to ensure you are physically fit to use them. OPITO offshore survival courses include in-water training with CA-EBS. You can BOOK YOUR FIT TO TRAIN at AIS Training >>