OPITO Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with CA-EBS
OPITO HUET training with CA-EBS includes Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS).
HUET training with CA-EBS is considered the North Sea requirement. If you require a HUET with CA-EBS and EBS (which is considered the international HUET requirement) you can book an OPITO Combined HUET >>
OPITO HUET training prepares offshore personnel to travel to and from offshore oil and gas installations and vessels by helicopter.
The course includes specific training in pre-flight and in-flight requirements. Delegates will gain the basic emergency response knowledge and skills required in the event of a helicopter emergency, with specific focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching.
HUET training also includes the use of a compressed air emergency breathing system (CA-EBS) which is supplied during offshore helicopter travel.
Delegates completing OPITO HUET training with CA-EBS will be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of safety equipment
- Follow procedures in preparing for and during helicopter emergencies
- Demonstrate safe escape from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate the correct use of a Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
OPITO HUET training with CA-EBS includes:
- Helicopter safety and escape
- Helicopter travel
- Helicopter emergencies
- Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
In order to complete OPITO HUET training with CA-EBS, delegates must hold:
- A valid and in-date Fit To Train certificate (mandatory from April 2018, evidence of which must be supplied before the course date)
- A valid and in-date OGUK offshore medical certificate
Please Note: Fit to train relates to the risk of using Compressed Air Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS) and is designed to ensure you are physically fit to use them. OPITO offshore survival courses include in-water training with CA-EBS.
You can book your Fit to Train at AIS Survivex >>