Personnel who may come across asbestos or asbestos-containing materials must be appropriately trained to work safely and avoid disturbing or damaging the hazardous substance.
General maintenance workers, electricians, gas fitters, plasterers, roofers, painters, decorators, demolition workers, heating ventilation engineers, plumbers, joiners, construction workers and building surveyors are included in the wide range of personnel who can benefit from an awareness of asbestos.
This Asbestos Awareness course provides an introduction to the potential damage to health which can be caused by coming into contact with asbestos.
Delegates will have an overview of the laws relating to working with asbestos, as well as an understanding of what asbestos is and how it can be hazardous to health.
Delegates completing an Asbestos Awareness course will be able to;
- Explain what asbestos is
- Understand how asbestos and asbestos-containing materials can get into the body and be harmful to health
- Identify where asbestos is likely to be found
- Understand legislation and laws related to asbestos
- Understand employee and employer responsibilities in relation to asbestos
- Understand the procedures in place when asbestos is discovered or accidentally disturbed
- Explain waste disposal and emergency procedures for asbestos
An Asbestos Awareness course includes;
- Legislation linked to asbestos
- Health hazards
- Asbestos buildings
- Waste disposal
- Emergency procedures
There are no prerequisites for an Asbestos Awareness course.