ECITB SBT01 - Assemble and Install Small Bore Tubing with Twin Ferrule Mechanical Grip Fittings meets the ECITB training requirements for small bore tubing engineers and personnel.
The aim of the ECITB Small Bore Tubing SBT01 Course is to prepare delegates with the possession of skill, ability and job knowledge to plan and configure small bore tubing assemblies using twin ferrule fittings.
Delegates will learn how to ensure intended tasks conform to related specification, methods, process, techniques and procedures.
Delegates will be assessed against the ECITB SBT 01 Training Standard, using both written questions and direct observation during practical exercises for learning outcomes.
Delegates completing an ECITB SBT01 - Assemble and Install Small Bore Tubing with Twin Ferrule Mechanical Grip Fittings training course will be able to;
- Work safely and minimise risk at all times
- Plan and configure small bore tubing assemblies
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation, regulations and safe working practices and procedures
- Understand the terminology, techniques and practices for planning and configuring small bore tubing assemblies
Practical exercise requirements of an ECITB SBT01 - Assemble and Install Small Bore Tubing with Twin Ferrule Mechanical Grip Fittings training course include;
- Exercise 1 will be to assemble 4 manufacturer fittings - Swagelok, A-Lok, Gyrolok, Ringlok correctly.
- Exercise 2 will be to assemble a Twin Ferrule fitting use the manufacturer gap gauge, disassemble and remake.
- Exercise 3 will be to mark out, cut, preparation, and carry out basic tube bending exercises.
- Exercise 4 will be to mark out, cut, preparation and tube bending exercise to include a rolled offset.
- Exercise 5 will be to fabricate, install, support and clamp tube assembly, then pressure test by the trainer. Then dismantle the tube assembly. This exercise will also have NPT taper and parallel fittings.