Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Assessors are responsible for assessing the safe use of substances within the workplace.
This COSHH Assessor coure is available as live virtual training via a live video link. To book the virtual option, select virtual from the location drop-down menu, or call us on 0330 202 0668.
COSHH Assessor training provides the skills to carry out COSHH assessments in conjunction with current legislation and COSHH regulations and code of practice.
Delegates will learn the techniques used to assess substances, report their findings and take further action if necessary.
The training is delivered as a combination of theoretical and practical sessions and concludes with a written test. Delegates require a mark of 70% or more on the written test to pass the course.
Delegates completing a COSHH Assessor training course will be able to;
- Understand the COSHH code of practice
- Understand the responsibilities of a COSHH Assessor
- Conduct a COSHH assessment in the workplace
A COSHH Assessor training course includes;
- COSHH legislation and code of practice
- The effects of contamination
- The need to control hazardous substances
- Responsibility for the assessment
- Selection of the assessors
- COSHH risk assessment and techniques
- The findings of your assessment
- What further actions to take
- Monitoring of the safe use of substances
- Health surveillance
There are no formal prerequisites for a COSHH Assessor training course, however it is recommended delegates have attended COSHH Awareness training.