Advanced Offshore First Aid Techniques
This course will develop the knowledge of personnel who are qualified in HSE offshore first aid to a level where they have the necessary understanding and skills whilst assisting an offshore medic during emergencies. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme.
Following completion of this course, delegates will understand:
- The role of the advanced first aider
- Incident Management including the use of Triage
- Assessing & recording vital functions using a recording chart
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Preparation and requirements to transport a sick and injured patient safely and effectively by helicopter
- Administration of Oxygen and Pulse oximetry
- The Safe use of Entonox
- Advanced Airway Management techniques and equipment including aspiration and suction
- The use of Defibrillators
- Catastrophic Haemorrhage Control
Delegates must hold a valid HSE Offshore First Aid certificate.
Delegates should bring
Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport.