HSE approved Offshore First Aid qualifies delegates to act as a first aider on offshore installations.
This four day HSE approved course provides qualifications to act as a first aider on an offshore installation, under the terms of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Delegates will gain knowledge and understanding of the role of a first aider in an offshore environment, area assessment and recognition of major and minor illness.
All AIS Training first aid courses are tailored to suit your particular needs and include all training materials, workbooks, examinations and certificates.
While the content of courses is obviously about as serious as anything could be, we have developed training methods designed to make taking a AIS Training first aid course an enjoyable experience as well as a valuable one.
- Successful candidates will be able to act as a first aider in their workplace, this includes;
- Understand the requirements of the first-aider including assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including the use of automated external defibrillators, the use of manual resuscitators, manual suction devices, oropharyngeal airways and oxygen supplies.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious, bleeding or suffering from shock.
- Recognise minor injuries and illnesses and take appropriate action.
- Recognise major injuries and illnesses and be able to administer first aid effectively.
- Communicate and delegate promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Transport a sick and injured patient safely and effectively (including an understanding of the difficulties of transport by helicopter, the management of a patient during flight and the need for stabilisation of a casualty before transport)
- Recognise situations in which it is appropriate to use Entonox for the relief of pain, and to administer Entonox safely and effectively.
- Roles & Responsibilities
- The Respiratory System
- The Circulatory System
- BLS & AED Safely
- Medical Emergencies
- Major & Minor Injuries