ECITB Technical Test - TAP01 Plan a Rigging Operation
TAP01 Plan a Rigging Operation is stage three/four of the four stage ECITB process validating the competence of an individual to be an appointed person responsible for moving loads operations.
The ECITB Technical Test - TAP01 Plan a Rigging Operation assesses the skills, knowledge and general ability to fulfil the role of appointed person in moving loads with a combination of written and practical tests.
In order to pass the ECITB Technical Test - TAP01 Plan a Rigging Operation delegates will be able to;
- Support a complex rigging operation in accordance with recognised industry regulations and procedures
- Generate clear and consise lifting plans, risk assessments and toolbox talk
An ECITB Technical Test - TAP01 Plan a Rigging Operation includes;
- Multiple-choice question paper with a pass mark of at least 80%
- Generate a risk assessment for a specific rigging task
- Generate a lift plan for a specific rigging task
- Create a toolbox talk for a specific rigging task
In order to complete an ECITB Technical Test - TAP01 Plan a Rigging Operation, delegates must hold:
- A valid and in-date ECITB Appointed Person Moving Loads certificate
- An ECITB Appointed Person Moving Loads work based task assignment OR a company letter from a current employer confirming previous knowledge and experience in the role of an appointed person moving loads
ECITB Technical Training Standard - Appointed Person Moving Loads
STAGE ONE - ECITB Appointed Person Moving Loads training course. You can book ECITB Appointed Person Moving Loads at AIS Training >
STAGE TWO - Work based task assignment which typically involves generating a range of complicated and complex lift plans under supervision of a six month period. Delegates with verifiable experience in an appointed person role prior to stage one may not be required to complete stage two.
STAGE THREE - ECITB Technical Test - TAP01 Plan a Rigging Operation which involves generating lift plans, risk assessments and toolbox talks to validate the knowledge, skills and ability to safely perform the appointed person role.
STAGE FOUR - The ECITB Technical Test - TAP01 Plan a Rigging Operation must be retaken every three years to revalidate an appointed person against ECITB standards.
Please Note: The ECITB Technical Test may be grant funded for ECITB registered employers and further details of funding can be found at ECITB Guide to Grants for Products & Services.