18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations Refresher
The 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations, also known as BS 7671:2018, form the national standard to which all new and amended electrical installations in the UK must comply to.
All electrical professionals must ensure they are familiar with the changes to the standard and the new requirements it details, which came into force in January 2019.
These changes will affect most electrical installation work carried out in the UK.
This City and Guilds 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations Refresher training course familiarises electrical professionals with the changes to BS 7671:2018.
Delegates will learn to remain compliant with 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations while working on the design, installation, inspection and testing of wiring systems, as well as additions and alterations to existing systems.
Please Note: This one day refresher course is only for those who have passed the most recent amendment of the 17th edition (since 2015). The one day refresher course covers similar topics to the three day course, but due to there being fewer changes to the regulations since the 17th edition it can be completed in a shorted timeframe.
Delegates completing the City and Guilds 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations Refresher training course will be able to;
- Comply with 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations while carrying out electrical installation work in the UK
The City and Guilds 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations Refresher training course includes;
- Additions to the scope of BS 7671
- Changes to the disconnection times for certain circuits
- Further requirements for circuit protection in domestic dwellings
- Considerations for Arc Fault Detection in many installations
- Supporting of wiring systems
- Inspection and testing procedures
In order to complete the City and Guilds 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations Refresher training course, delegates must hold:
- The 17th edition qualification
If the last course you completed was an earlier edition, you can book the full 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations course >>