18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations
The 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations, also known as BS 7671:2018, form the national standard which all new and amended electrical installations in the UK must comply to.
All electrical professionals must ensure they are familiar with the changes to the standard and the new requirements it details, which came into force in January 2019.
These changes will affect most electrical installation work carried out in the UK.
This City and Guilds 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations training course familiarises electrical professionals with the changes to BS 7671:2018.
Delegates will learn to remain compliant with 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations while working on the design, installation, inspection and testing of wiring systems, as well as additions and alterations to existing systems.
Delegates completing the City and Guilds 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations training course will be able to;
- Comply with 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations while carrying out electrical installation work in the UK
The City and Guilds 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations training course includes;
- Additions to the scope of BS 7671
- Changes to the disconnection times for certain circuits
- Further requirements for circuit protection in domestic dwellings
- Considerations for Arc Fault Detection in many installations
- Supporting of wiring systems
- Inspection and testing procedures
There are no prerequisites for the City and Guilds 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations training course.
If you would like to book a date in 2020 at our sister company Survivex in Dyce (Aberdeen), you can visit the Survivex website to book.