It is a mandatory requirement that drivers undergo a medical examination to ensure they are medically fit to drive a heavy goods vehicle.
HGV Medical Overview
HGV Medicals will take place Monday - Thursday and last 15 minutes.
HGV Medical Content
During the exam, delegates are medically examined by our qualified onsite Doctor to ensure they meet the standards outlined on the D4 form. Once the D4 form is completed, delegates will need to return the form to the DVLA along with the D2 form and their Driving Licence.
Delegates must bring the following to their appointment:
- A valid and in-date Driving licence or Passport
- D4 form from the DVLA in the post or website, or postoffice
- Driving glasses if applicable with the prescription from the opitician
- List of medication if relevant - delegates should know their doses and have an idea when they started them (the year is sufficient)
- Any hospital letters if they are under care of a hospital consultant - delegates should know the consultants name and the hospital
Please be aware that if you fail to provide the evidence requested, you will be refused your medical and asked to rebook. Charges may apply.
For availability or to book, please contact our Bookings Team on email@example.com or 0330 202 0569