ECITB Low Risk Confined Space training concentrates on confined space entries where access is unobstructed.
The course covers entries with adequate ventillation, natural or mechanical, where there is no likely risk of flooding. These areas are no deeper than three metres and have an unobstructed vertical lift, with a ladder straight into a dark chamber.
Delegates will be trained in the use of fall arrest and retrieval equipment and proper ladder climbing techniques. This will allow for safe access and egress into a confined space environment.
Delegates completing an ECITB Low Risk Confined Space training course will be able to;
- Safely access and egress from low risk confined space environments
- Use fall arrest and retrieval equipment
- Demonstrate correct ladder climbing techniques
An ECITB Low Risk Confined Space training course includes;
- Summary of the legislation
- Specified risks
- Safe systems of work, including risk assessments
- Dangerous atmospheres
- Gas detection equipment
- Safety equipment, including davit, tri-pod, man-riding winches and retrieval devices
- Harness (EN1497) user inspection and fitting
- Conduct vertical access
- Practical exercise
- Written assessment