ECITB Medium Risk Confined Space training concentrates on two methods of entry to confined spaces deeper than three metres.
The course covers entries with adequate ventilation, natural or mechanical, where access is simple and unobstructed and there is no likely risk of flooding. These are areas deeper than three metres and have an unobstructed vertical lift, with a straight ladder into a dark chamber.
Delegates will be trained in two methods of entry including staying on lifeline to complete the task, where if they collapsed the retrieval equipment would be operated and removal from the life line in, where a rescue team would be required.
Delegates completing an ECITB Medium Risk Confined Space training course will be able to;
- Demonstrate two methods of entry to a medium risk confined space
An ECITB Medium Risk Confined Space training course includes;
- Summary of the legislation
- Specified risks
- Safe systems of work, including risk assessments
- Dangerous atmospheres
- Gas detection equipment
- Safety equipment, including davit, tri-pod, man-riding winches and retrieval devices
- Harness (EN1497) user inspection and fitting
- Conduct vertical access
- Practical exercises
- Vacating a hazardous environment
- Safe use of BA escape equipment
- Written assessment