Rigging and Lifting Training
It is vital rigging and lifting operatives are aware of the safe and correct use of lifting equipment and accessories and the probable consequences if best practice is not followed.
AIS Survivex have developed an introductory rigger training course that provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to safely carry out basic rigging and lifting operations.
Delegates completing Rigging and Lifting training will be able to;
- Carry out basic calculation of angles and tension
- Define lifting operation and equipment terminology
- Identify common unsafe practices and probable consequences
- Identify safe and correct use and pre-use examination of rigging and lifting equipment
- Plan routine lifting operations and understand requirement for non-routine/ complex lift planning
- Understand care and storage requirements
- Understand relevant legislation applicable to lifting operations
- Understand the requirement of lifting operation risk assessment
- Understand basic functions and safe working practices of offshore pedestal cranes and overhead travelling cranes
There are no prerequisites for Rigging and Lifting training.
Rigging and Lifting Handbook
The RigEx Rigging and Lifting Handbook is a pocked-sizes book available to provide essential information throughout your training and in your job roles. The handbook is available to purchase with your training >>