GWO Advanced Rescue Training (ART) Refresher
GWO Advanced Rescue Training (ART) Refresher is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standard for training in the global wind and renewable energy industry.
AIS Training is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of mandatory and specialist GWO courses >>
Industry experienced instructors deliver courses in a state-of-the-art wind and renewables excellence centre providing a realistic training environment.
GWO Advanced Rescue Training (ART) Refresher combines a Hub, Spinner, and Inside Blade Rescue Refresher (HSIBRR) module and a Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue Refresher (NTBRR) module which includes GWO Working at Height.
The training reviews the skills and knowledge required to access and perform rescue operations in various areas of a wind turbine generator.
Delegates will use standard wind industry rescue equipment, methods and techniques in a combination of theoretical and practical sessions.
PLEASE NOTE: The modules in this course may be taken individually. Please contact us on 0330 202 0668 for more information.
Delegates completing a GWO Advanced Rescue Training (ART) Refresher course will be able to;
- Review and build on knowledge and skills previously gained from ART Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue (NTBR), ART Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue (HSIBR) and working at height training
A GWO Advanced Rescue Training (ART) Refresher course includes;
- Emergency response plans
- Review of working at height knowledge
- Control measures to prevent injury during training
- Cervial collar
- Packaging an injured person
- Lowering/raising rescue system
- Hub rescue exercises from blade and spinner
- Outside evacuation of an injured person
- Rescue from a ladder
- Evacuation of an injured person from the nacelle to the base of the tower
- Rescue from enclosed space
- Rescue from crawl space
- Rescue up
In order to complete a GWO Advanced Rescue Training (ART) Refresher course, delegates must hold:
- A valid and in-date GWO Working at Height certificate
- A valid and in-date GWO First Aid certificate
- A valid and in-date GWO Manual Handling certificate
- A valid and in-date GWO Advanced Rescue Training (ART) certificate
PLEASE NOTE: Delegates holding a valid Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) certificate for Advanced Rescue Zone 1-2 may be directly admitted to attend the GWO ART NRBRR module or the combined ART training of all 4 modules.
Further information on the gap training now available for SGRE ART courses is available on the GWO website >>