The CompEx scheme is a globally recognised qualification that is supported by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation and Contracting (NICEIC) and the Engineering Equipment and Materials Users' Association (EEMUA).
CompEx is the only Certification Body that offers UKAS accredited cerification for practicioners working in explosive atmospheres.
Find out more about CompEx at AIS Training >>
The CompEx course involves competence based training and assessment for electrical and instrumentation technicians who are working in environments with the potential risk of explosive atmospheres.
AIS Training offer the full CompEx gas and vapours course including units EX01 - EX04.
The training is fast becoming a mandatory requirement on many offshore plants as it offers complete reassurance to employers managing the safety of these potentially hazardous workplaces.
Delegates completing a CompEx course will be able to;
- Install electrical apparatus in potentially explosive atmospheres
- Inspect and maintain electrical apparatus in potentially explosive atmospheres
A CompEx course includes;
- Gas groups
- Dust protection
- IP ratings
- Impact protection and other environmental influences
- Ignition sources
- Marking and identification
- Legislation, Directives and Standards
- Earthing and Bonding
- Protection methods in detail
- Ex’d’, Ex’e’, Ex’n’, Ex’p’, Ex’i’, Ex’m’, Ex’o’, Ex’q’
- Dust protection by enclosure
- Wiring systems and glanding
- Installation, maintenance, inspection and testing
View the full range of CompEx courses available at AIS Training >>