GWO Manual Handling
GWO Manual Handling is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
AIS Survivex is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of GWO courses >>
Industry experienced instructors deliver courses in a state-of-the-art wind and renewables excellence centre which provides a realistic training environment, and accomodates personnel working both onshore and offshore.
GWO Manual Handling provides an awareness of positive manual handling behaviour.
Delegates will learn to perform manual handling activities in a safe manner in the wind industry.
The course includes a combination of theoretical and practical training.
Delegates completing a GWO Manual Handling training course will be able to;
- Demonstrate correct manual handling techniques
- Understand the risks involved in not using correct manual handling techniques
A GWO Manual Handling training course includes;
- Overview of relevant legislation, standards & guidance
- Incident and injury reporting
- Outline of Manual Handling
- Spinal and shoulder anatomy and injuries associated with Manual Handling
- Equipment pre and post use checks, including certification of equipment
- Risk assessments and control measures
- Planning of operations
- Safe lifting techniques
In order to complete a GWO Manual Handling course, delegates must:
- Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) have launched a Global Wind Industry Records Database (WINDA) which allows your to verify your GWO certificates with employers.
Registering with WINDA is quick and easy, and you must do this before arriving for your course.
View our step-by-step guide to registering with WINDA >>
FREE Guide To The Wind Industry
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take.
Download your FREE guide now >>