UK Offshore Legislation
The oil and gas industry adheres to specific laws and legislation regulating risks to health and safety from work activities in the offshore industry.
PLEASE NOTE: This training is delivered at our sister company Survivex's location. Visit the Survivex website to view available dates and book online.
UK Offshore Legislation training provides basic understanding and awareness of UK Offshore Legislation which applies to the offshore oil and gas industry.
The course is aimed at personnel working offshore in health and safety and management positions.
Delegates completing UK Offshore Legislation training will be able to;
- Understanding applicable legislation relating to offshore operations
- Identify various government agencies and their role in relation to offshore operations (BEIS, Coastguard and Police Service)
UK Offshore Legislation training includes;
- Module 1 – HASWA, EC legislation, working time regulations, noise and vibration regulations, european 6 pac
- Module 2 - MAR – PFEER- DCR, pipeline regulations
- Module 3 - Safety case regulations, quantative risk assessments, SIMOPS, bridge docs
- Module 4 - LOLER-PUWER-COSHH, working at height regulations, confined space regulations
- Module 5 – RIDDOR, safety representatives, accident investigation
- Module 6 – BEIS, waste management, offshore pollution regulations
- Module 7 – SOLAS, IMO, IAMSAR, CAA, ERRV regulations
- Case study, lessons learned and final exercise
There are no prerequisites for UK Offshore Legislation training.