GWO First Aid
GWO First Aid is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
AIS Survivex is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of GWO courses >>
Industry experienced instructors deliver courses in a state-of-the-art wind and renewables excellence centre which provides a realistic training environment, and accomodates personnel working both onshore and offshore.
GWO First Aid provides the skills and knowledge to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry.
The training is designed to enable delegates to work in a safe manner and meet emergency response requirements in accordance with GWO Basic Safety Training (BST).
The course involves a combination of practical and theoretical training.
Delegates completing a GWO First Aid training course will be able to;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe manner
- Demonstrate first aid in accordance with legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to ERC guidelines
- Demonstrate awareness of AHA guidelines
- Identify and explain normal function, vital signs, signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a wind turbine generator environment
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving first aid using the primary survey A-B-C
- Demonstrate correct use of an automatic external defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrate correct use of ordinary first aid, the secondary survey
- Demonstrate correct use of first aid equipment in a first aid scenario
A GWO First Aid training course includes;
- Hazards on and offshore
- Responsibility of the first aider
- Managing minor and serious incidents
- Secondary scenarios / exercises
In order to complete a GWO First Aid course, delegates must:
- Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) have launched a Global Wind Industry Records Database (WINDA) which allows your to verify your GWO certificates with employers.
Registering with WINDA is quick and easy, and you must do this before arriving for your course.
View our step-by-step guide to registering with WINDA >>
FREE Guide To The Wind Industry
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take.
Download your FREE guide now >>