This is a comprehensive advanced first aid training programme that is offered by AIS training to those working in remote or offshore environments such as the Renewable Energy Industry. In addition to key lifesaving skills and response to common emergencies and minor medical complaints, it also deals with advanced airway management, using various airway adjuncts. The delegates will also cover the use of bag, valve and mask equipment with the addition of oxygen in resuscitation scenarios.
The length of the programme allows for a thorough analysis of emergency situations in which personnel may be involved. Delegates are given ample opportunity to practice the wide range of skills taught. The delegate is also provided with up to date knowledge to enable the skills to be properly applied. The training is underpinned with an emphasis on scenario based training such as a turbine tower, at height and in areas of restricted movement.
On successful completion on the course delegates will;
- Have gained the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively administer advanced first aid techniques.
- Have the ability to support a physical or virtual paramedic or doctor.
- Confidently manage an incident which needs an advanced First Aider in the absence or delay of urgent medical care.
- Teleconference management and Interaction
- Incident Management
- Casualty assessment and monitoring
- Dealing with collapse
- Airway management
- Selections and use of airway devices
- CPR using bag, valve and mask
- Oxygen and Entonox administration
- Significant blood loss and the use of Tourniquets
- Muscular/Skeletal injury
- Abdominal trauma
- Pelvic trauma
- Limb fractures – use of traction splints
- Head injury
- Spinal injury and immobilisation using cervical collars
- Eye injury
- Suffering from the effects of temperature extremes
- Crush injury
- Suspension Intolerance
- Heart Attack
- Anaphylaxis and simulation of Epi-Pen administration
- Skills and scenario sessions utilising the content
- Rescue and escort responsibilities
- Rescue from height scenarios using industry recognised
- Delegates must hold a valid in-date RUK/GWO First Aid and RUK/GWO Working at Height Certificate