Overhead Crane Training
Overhead Crane training is part of a wide range of courses offered by AIS Training to assess competence relating to lifting operations both onshore and offshore.
Overhead Crane training provides delegates with the practical skills to safely and effectively operate overhead cranes, and knowledge of the relevant legislation that applies to lifting operations and lifting equipment and accessories.
Overhead Crane training can be delivered at AIS Training's state-of-the-art facilities or on-site, subject to the use of a suitably certified overhead crane.
Delegates completing an Overhead Crane training course will be able to;
- Understand legislation that applies to lifting operations and equipment
- Safely operate an overhead/gantry crane
An Overhead Crane training course includes;
- Relevant lifting operations and crane legislation and regulations
- Recognition of the different types of overhead cranes and their controls
- Common types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Periodic examinations of equipment inc. pre and post use inspections
- Defective equipment and quarantine procedures
- Hazards associated with lifting operations and cranes
- Safe working systems and control measures
- Loads – weight estimation, centre of gravity, security and stability
- Principles of slinging
- Use of tag lines
- Load and lay-down areas
- Use of personal protection equipment
- Methods of communication and announcements
- Use of signage and barriers
- Emergency procedures and escape routes
- Operating an overhead crane
- Crane control panels
- Slinging techniques
- Controlling the movement of a load
- Trial lifts
- Landing of loads (inc. target practice)
There are no prerequisites for Overhead Crane training.