ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity MJI18: Hydraulic Tension Bolted Connection Techniques
ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity is stage one of the four stage ECITB MJI training standards validating skills in the specialist critical bolting area.
Mechanical Joint Integrity training is delivered in a purpose-built centre to the latest ECITB industry standards.
AIS Training's instructors are time served in a mechanical discipline and have worked as hands on technicians/supervisors in the mechanical joint integrity industry.
ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity MJI18 training provides the skills and technique required to become competent in hydraulic tension of bolted connections.
Delegates will use hydraulic tools in this technically detailed training which focuses on safety.
The course includes a varied range of products used for demonstrations and practical learning elements of the training.
Delegates completing an ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity MJI18 training course will be able to;
- Explain how to ensure intended task conforms to related specification, methods, process, techniques and procedure
- Dismantle hydraulic tension bolted connection systems
- Remove components from hydraulic tension bolted connection systems
- Replace components in hydraulic tension connection systems
- Assemble, secure and hydraulic tension bolted connections
- Verify the integrity of the assembled joint
An ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity MJI18 training course includes;
- Health and safety
- Instruction and practice in observing health and safety requirements and approved working practices
- Prepare work areas for the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using hydraulic tensioning equipment
- Prepare equipment for the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using hydraulic tensioning equipment
- Prepare materials for the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using hydraulic tensioning equipment
- Assemble bolted connections
- Tighten bolts using hydraulic tensioning equipment
- Check integrity of assembled bolted connections
- Reinstate the work area after the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using hyradulic tensioning
There are no prerequisites for an ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity MJI18 training course.
Mechanical Joint Integrity
AIS Survivex offer the full range of ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity training courses individually or as part of combined packages.
View the full range of ECITB MJI courses available at AIS Survivex >>