Working in High Risk Confined Spaces - City and Guilds
City and Guilds have developed a Working in Confined Spaces training programme for personnel who enter, supervise or manage confined spaces.
Working in High Risk Confined Spaces is a level 2 qualification for personnel entering a confined space to carry out work.
Working in High Risk Confined Spaces provides the knowledge and skills to safely work in confined spaces which are primarily enclosed and potentially hazardous. High risk confined space environments often require the use of compressed air and full working set breathing apparatus.
Delegates will gain practical experience of using complex entry procedures to enter a broad range of structures including shafts, tunnels and voids which contain one or more specific risks.
The training is delivered as a combination of theoretical and practical elements with a focus on providing hands-on experience for delegates.
Delegates completing a City and Guilds Working in High Risk Confined Spaces training course will be able to;
- Conduct a risk assessment prior to gaining entry to a confined space
- Ensure suitable and sufficient measures are implemented to control and reduce risk as much as reasonably practical
- Understand types of gaseous atmospheres
- Use portable gas monitoring equipment
- Safely gain entry to and exit high risk confined spaces using appropriate safety equipment
- Correctly use compressed air and full working set breathing apparatus
A City and Guilds Working in High Risk Confined Spaces training course includes;
- Relevant legislation
- Confined space specified risks
- Safe systems of work including risk assessments and work permits
- Top-man entry procedures
- Safety equipment including full duration breathing apparatus, escape breathing apparatus sets, harnesses, gas monitors, tripod or davit, retrieval devices and man-riding winch
- Escape from a realistic controlled environment upon activation of gas monitor
- Decontamination upon exiting the confined space
There are no prerequisites for a City and Guilds Working in High Risk Confined Spaces training course.