ECITB Manual Handling
Various roles in many different sectors require manual handling to be carried out.
ECITB Manual Handling training provides delegates with an understanding of the risk involved with any manual handling task.
Delegates will learn safe manual handling techniques.
Delegates completing an ECITB Manual Handling training course will be able to;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the risks and practical issues involved with manual handling
An ECITB Manual Handling training course includes;
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Manual handling regulations
- Accident statistics
- Manual handling risk assessments
- Introduction to manual handling – lifting and carrying safely
- The functions of the spine and muscular system
- Typical injuries caused and how to recognise and avoid potential problem
- Hazard identification
- Assessment of the task
- Assessment of individual capabilities
- Assessment of the load
- Assessment of the working environment
- Correct handling techniques
- Practical exercises and tuition in how to avoid injury and strain
There are no formal prerequisites for an ECITB Manual Handling training course.