CPCS Crane Supervisors A62 is aimed at supervisors and slinger signallers who are required to supervise lifting operations within their job role.
This couirse will equip delegates with the knowledge on how to safely supervise a lifting operation to ensure compliance with the law and ensure the health and safety of those who may be affected by their actions.
Content covered will equip delegates to pass the CPCS theory and practical tests needed to gain a CPCS Red Trained Operator card.
Trained Operator Card (RED)
The Trained Operator Card confirms a level of core skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in the workplace until measured as competent against national standards. Experienced and able operators may hold a Trained Operator Card whilst being measured against national standards through an SVQ or NVQ.
Once you've obtained your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, it will last for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Taking personal responsibility
- Different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understanding crane documentation
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- Observing British Standard 7121
- Understanding the role of crane supervisor
- Understanding the role of appointed person
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones.
Delegates must have successfully completed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test (managers and professionals' level) less than two years before attending this course.