OPITO Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) with CA-EBS and EBS
OPITO combined BOSIET includes the OPITO Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and Emergency Breathing System (EBS) or rebreather. It is often referred to as 'offshore survival training'.
BOSIET training with CA-EBS and EBS is considered the international requirement, if you do not require EBS training you can book an OPITO BOSIET with CA-EBS>>
PLEASE NOTE: The OPITO certification accepted for working in different waters would be at the discretion of your employer and AIS Training recommend you confirm with your employer before booking. If you are unsure where you will be working, this combined BOSIET covers all international waters.
The OPITO combined BOSIET enhances survivability of personnel working offshore by introducing a range of safety issues and regimes that are relevant to offshore installations.
Delegates will gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to effectively respond to an offshore emergency thorugh the correct use of emergency equipment and procedures.
The training covers travelling to an offshore installation by helicopter and the use of a compressed air emergency breathing system (CA-EBS) and emergency breathing system (EBS) or rebreather during offshore helicopter travel.
A BOSIET is a combination of theoretical and practical elements and delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding throughout.
Delegates completing an OPITO combined BOSIET will be able to;
- Identify the generic hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques
- Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practise self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations, to include smoke filled areas.
- Demonstrate the dry use of Compressed Air - Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and wet use of Emergency Breathing System (EBS)
An OPITO combined BOSIET includes;
- Safety induction
- Helicopter safety and escape
- Sea survival
- First aid knowledge
- Firefighting and self rescue
- Emergency Breathing System (EBS) and Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
In order to complete an OPITO combined BOSIET, delegates MUST hold:
- A valid and in-date Oil and Gas UK (OGUK) offshore medical certificate
- A valid and in-date Fit to Train certificate (mandatory from April 2018)
Please Note: Fit to train relates to the risk of using Compressed Air Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS) and is designed to ensure you are physically fit to use them. OPITO offshore survival courses include in-water training with CA-EBS. You can BOOK YOUR FIT TO TRAIN at AIS Training >>