Offshore S-Cape Training
S-Cape is a robust, simple, lightweight descent device used to evacuate from offshore installations when other conventional means are not possible.
The evacuation system enables offshore personnel to escape from an installation by means of a personally controlled descent once the device has been attached to an appropriate position. It is easy to use and requires minimal physical effort.
S-Cape training provides delegates with the skills and knowledge to correctly use the S-Cape evacuation system.
The course includes a practical and theoretical examination to assess delegates' understanding and ability.
Delegates completing an offshore S-Cape training course will be able to;
- Conduct pre use inspections
- Understand the limitations of the equipment
- Don and adjust the equipment
- Select a suitable anchor point for attaching equipment
- Use the quick release device
An offshore S-Cape training course includes;
- Demonstrations of use by instructor
- Practical low level descents (classroom)
- Practical high level descent
- Use of painter line strop (environmental tank)
There are no prerequisites for offshore S-Cape training.