Personnel working on offshore wind turbines must be able to demonstrate safe boat transfer.
AIS Training have developed exciting courses designed to provide personnel in the wind and renewables industry with the knowledge and skills to safely and efficiently transfer between vessels.
Boat Transfer training includes the theory of safely transfering between a turbine transfer vessel and a wind turbine. The theoretical knowledge is supported by practical exercises which will take place in AIS Training's state-of-the-art sea survival pool.
Delegates will transfer from a vessel to an offshore wind farm simulator in both benign and rough sea conditions whilst wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Delegates completing a Boat Transfer training course will be able to;
- Assess risks during the boat transfer
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Carry out methods and procedures for boat transfer
- Understand the procedures of sea survival
A Boat Transfer training course includes;
- Potential risks of boat transfer
- Safe transfer from a vessel to a wind turbine in benign seas
- Safe transfer from a vessel to a wind turbine in rough seas
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
There are no prerequisites for a boat transfer training course.
PLEASE NOTE: The duration of this course is between 1 - 3 hours dependant on the number of delegates attending.