GWO Slinger Signaller
GWO Slinger Signaller is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standard for training in the global wind and renewable energy industry.
The standard has been developed to ensures safe lifting during manufacturing, installation and maintenance of wind turbines and their components wherever crane operations are necessary.
AIS Training is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of mandatory and specialist GWO courses >>
GWO Slinger Signaller provides awareness of the risks and hazards related to working with slinger signalling in the wind industry.
Delegates will be equipped with the required knowledge and skills to conduct assigned slinger signaller tasks safely and efficiently.
The course includes conducting slinging techniques and signalling during simple lifting operations. All operations covered are based on a lifting plan covering known hazards.
Delegates completing a GWO SIinger Signaller training course will be able to;
- Attach and detach a load to and from a crane lifting attachment
- Initiate and direct the safe movement of a crane, including multiple slinger signallers during limited or blind lifts
- Adhere to a slinger signaller’s role and responsibilities during a lift
- Conduct visual pre and post inspection of lifting accessories and load
- Handle lifting accessories
- Ensure safe lift-off and lay down of a load
- Sling various types of load based on weight, centre of gravity, shape and size
- Carry out generic routine lifts in accordance with a lift plan
- Comply with instructions/procedures set up by an employer to manage lifting
- Ensure equipment is properly used, maintained and defects reported
A GWO Slinger Signaller training course includes;
- Introduction and general safety
- Role and basic signals
- Lifting equipment types
- Dynamic or static
- Generic routine lifting plans
- Risk assessment
- Environmental impact
- Manual handling
- Lifting bags
- Load attachment points
- Accessory storage, pre and post use check
- Crane functions
- Load orientation devices
- Lifting angles and lifting zones
- Centre of gravity
- Roles and responsibilities
- Toolbox talk
- Hand signals
- Slinging techniques
- Summary and evaluation
Delegates completing a GWO Slinger Signaller training course must be:
- WINDA registered before arriving for the training
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) have launched a Global Wind Industry Records Database (WINDA) which allows your to verify your GWO certificates with employers.
Registering with WINDA is quick and easy, and you must do this before arriving for your course.
View our step-by-step guide to registering with WINDA >>
FREE Guide To The Wind Industry
AIS Training have teamed up with renewables recruitment company, Samuel Knight International, to delivery your guide to the wind industry. Our combined expertise allows us to provide unique knowledge and insight that we would like to share with existing and potential wind industry personnel. Whether you're new to the industry, or would like to upskill in your current role, we can provide advice and guidance on the steps to take.
Download your FREE guide now >>