GWO Working at Height Refresher With Manual Handling
GWO Working at Height Refresher With Manual Handling is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
GWO Working at Height Refresher With Manual Handling provides a balance of the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain the level of competence set out in the GWO Working at Height and GWO Manual Handling standards.
The course includes a combination of explanation, demonstration and participation in the relevant course elements.
Manual handling practical and theory will be covered throughout working at height activities to ensure delegates can renew both certifications.
Delegates completing a GWO Working at Height Refresher With Manual Handling training course will be able to;
- Understand general health and safety duties of employers to provide training and ensure competence of employees
- Understand personal responsibilities of employees and the self-employed
- Understand relevant legislation (HSW, WAH, MHSW, LOLER, PUWER, PPE 2002, PPE 1992)
- Understand basic reference and application of ACOPs, standards and guidelines (e.g. HSE, BS/EN)
- Understand wind turbine safety rules
- Safely inspect (prior to use), correctly fit, and use PPE for working at height applications
- Work safely at height in a tower or simulated conditions
- Safely carry out a self-rescue in a tower or simulated conditions
- Safely carry out a rescue of a casualty in reach and out of reach conditions
- Safely carry out a range of ladder rescues
A GWO Working at Height Refresher With Manual Handling training course includes;
- Health and safety duties and responsibilities
- Overview of relevant legislation
- Outline of working at height and principles of a hierarchical approach
- Basic reference to ACOP,s
- Generic safe system of work
- Wind turbine safety
- Planning of operations
- Manual handling and ergonomics
In order to complete a GWO Working at Height Refresher With Manual Handling, delegates must hold:
- A GWO Working at Height certificate
- A GWO Manual Handling certificate
The equipment used during the training course carries a weight limit of 136-140kg. For participants this maximum weight includes clothes and safety equipment, we therefore recommend a maximum bodyweight of 120kg. Our equipment also has a maximum waist size of 120cm.
FREE Guide To The Wind Industry
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take.
Download your FREE guide now >>