Advanced Hub Rescue (AHR)
AIS Survivex have carefully designed courses to improve the skills and knowledge of personnel working in both the offshore and onshore wind industry.
Training takes place in AIS Survivex's state-of-the-art hub rescue simulator which provides a safe but realistic learning experience that is delivered by trainers with proven industry experience.
Advanced Hub Rescue (AHR) focuses on the specialist skills and knowledge required to rescue wind industry personnel from various areas of a wind turbine including the hub.
Delegates will learn to work in a safe, effective and prompt manner to stabilise a casualty.
The course material and practical training references the most common types of wind turbine generator (WTG) found in the UK and surrounding areas.
Delegates completing an Advanced Hub Rescue (AHR) training course will be able to;
- Understand current national legislation
- Identify the hazards and risks associated with working at height
- Demonstrate user inspections of PPE
- Remain calm and keep oneself safe at all times
- Instigate emergency procedures
- Demonstrate the rescue of a casualty from a restricted environment using a raft of specialised equipment covering a variety of manufacturers
- Casualty handling and management
An Advanced Hub Rescue (AHR) training course includes;
- The hazards and risks associated with working inside a hub and nacelle
- Current industry specific legislation and it's application/relevance in the wind and renewables industry
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) identification and inspection for hub specific rescue kits
- The use of relevant casualty evacuation kits incorporating items such as e.g. long board, 3/4 stretcher, Chrysalis stretcher, X-it harness.
- Correct identification of hub specific anchor and structural points and following the correct evacuation procedure
- Safe evacuation and use of evacuation devices including Skylotec Milan, Cresto ResQue Pro and Micron descenders
- Practical demonstrations and exercises involving various rescue and emergency situations that may arise within sections of the nacelle
- Correct selection of equipment and subsequent evacuation of self and a casualty whilst following emergency procedures
In order to complete an Advanced Hub Rescue (AHR) training course, delegates must hold:
- A valid GWO Working at Height certificate
You can book GWO Working at Height at AIS Survivex >>