GWO Advanced Rescue Training (ART) Combined
GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standard for training in the global wind and renewable energy industry.
The standard has been developed in response to the demand for recognisable Advanced Rescue Training (ART) in the wind industry.
AIS Training is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of mandatory and specialist GWO courses >>
Industry experienced instructors deliver courses in a state-of-the-art wind and renewables excellence centre providing a realistic training environment.
The GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) combined course elevates the self-reliance of wind personnel and provides the skills and knowledge to successfully transport a colleague who cannot self-evacuate to an assembly point until professional emergency responders arrive.
The training is based on risk assessments and factual incident and accident statistics pertaining to the installation, service and maintenance of wind turbine generators and wind power plants.
GWO ART aims to control the risks associated with rescue operations conducted in and from wind turbines to ensure more efficiency in the industry.
This is the combined GWO ART which includes all four modules covering rescue and single rescuer in the hub, spinner, inside blasde, nacelle, tower and basesment sections of a wind turbine.
Delegates completing a GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) combined course will be able to;
- Safely access the hub, spinner, inside blade, nacelle, tower and basement section of a wind turbine to get to an injured person
- Perform entry-type casualty rescue operations in a wind turbine generator
- Correctly use industry standards rescue equipment and methods
- Understand and demonstrate rescue techniques that exceed those of GWO Working at Height
A GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) combined course includes;
- Hub, spinner and inside blade rescue (HSIBR)
- Nacelle, tower and basement rescue (NTBR)
- Single rescuer: hub, spinner and inside blade rescue (SR:HSIBR)
- Single rescuer: nacelle, tower and basement rescue (SR:NTBR)
In order to complete a GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) combined course, delegates must hold:
- Valid and in-date GWO Working at Height, GWO First Aid and GWO Manual Handling certificates
- Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
When booking your GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) you can also include a stay in our on-site hotel before adding your course to the basket. Click BOOK NOW on the right of this course page, select your preffered location and date, and there is a section of the 'book a course' page that asks if you require a hotel room. You can then choose your room and duration of stay from the drop-down menu, before proceeding to add to basket.
PLEASE NOTE: If the duration of the hotel stay you require is not present in the drop-down menu, you can call our team on 0330 202 0668 and they will be happy to accomodate your request.