GWO Advanced Rescue Training (ART) Combined
GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standard for training in the global wind and renewable energy industry.
The standard has been developed in response to the demand for recognisable Advanced Rescue Training (ART) in the wind industry.
The GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) combined course elevates the self-reliance of wind personnel and provides the skills and knowledge to successfully transport a colleague who cannot self-evacuate to an assembly point until professional emergency responders arrive.
The training is based on risk assessments and factual incident and accident statistics pertaining to the installation, service and maintenance of wind turbine generators and wind power plants.
GWO ART aims to control the risks associated with rescue operations conducted in and from wind turbines to ensure more efficiency in the industry.
This is the combined GWO ART which includes all four modules covering rescue and single rescuer in the hub, spinner, inside blasde, nacelle, tower and basesment sections of a wind turbine.
Delegates completing a GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) combined course will be able to;
- Safely access the hub, spinner, inside blade, nacelle, tower and basement section of a wind turbine to get to an injured person
- Perform entry-type casualty rescue operations in a wind turbine generator
- Correctly use industry standards rescue equipment and methods
- Understand and demonstrate rescue techniques that exceed those of GWO Working at Height
A GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) combined course includes;
- Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue (HSIBR)
- Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue (NTBR)
- Single Rescuer: Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue (SR:HSIBR)
- Single Rescuer: Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue (SR:NTBR)
In order to complete a GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) combined course, delegates must hold:
- Valid and in-date GWO Working at Height, GWO First Aid and GWO Manual Handling certificates
FREE Guide To The Wind Industry
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take.
Download your free wind industry guide now >>