The training is designed to refresh personnel with the practical skills and knowledge previous acquired from attending a GWO first aid course. It will enable them to work in a safe manner in the wind industry and to meet emergency response training requirements for personnel working within the global wind industry. It is designed to accommodate personnel working both onshore and offshore.
The aim of this module is to administer prompt, safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment in accordance with GWO First Aid training standards through theoretical and practical training.
- On successful completion of training the delegate will be deemed to have demonstrated basic knowledge and understanding of:
- Psychological effects of first aid for a First Aider
- Sudden sickness and environmental factors (e.g. chemical, air quality, dust, pollen, gases, poisonous animal bites etc.)
- Types of Trauma
- Incident management and situational awareness
- Managing and administering First Aid during complex incidents with several (2-5) casualties.
- Legislation and guidelines, global and regional
- Risk Assessment & Accident reporting
- Anatomy, structure, functions and symptoms
- Use of first aid principles in emergency situations
- Serious and minor illness, injuries and incidents
- Management of an incident
- Lifesaving first aid
- Safety procedures
- Psychological first aid
- Demonstration of first aid equipments
Delegates MUST already have a valid GWO First Aid Qualification.