GWO First Aid Refresher
GWO First Aid Refresher is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
AIS Training is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of GWO courses >>
Industry experienced instructors deliver courses in a state-of-the-art wind and renewables excellence centre which provides a realistic training environment, and accomodates personnel working both onshore and offshore.
GWO First Aid Refresher is designed to refresh delegates with the practical skills and knowledge previously acquired from attending an initial GWO First Aid course.
The course ensures delegates maintain the ability to administer prompt, safe and effective first aid in the wind industry, and in a wind turbine environment, in accordance with GWO training standards.
The training includes combination of theoretical and practical exercises.
Delegates completing a GWO First Aid Refresher training course will be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of:
- The psychological effects of first aid for a first aider
- Sudden sickness and environmental factors (e.g. chemical, air quality, dust, pollen, gases, poisonous animal bites etc.)
- Types of trauma
- Incident management and situational awareness
- Managing and administering first aid during complex incidents with several (2-5) casualties
A GWO First Aid Refresher training course includes;
- Legislation and guidelines, global and regional
- Risk assessment and accident reporting
- Anatomy, structure, functions and symptoms
- Use of first aid principles in emergency situations
- Serious and minor illness, injuries and incidents
- Management of an incident
- Lifesaving first aid
- Safety procedures
- Psychological first aid
- Demonstration of first aid equipments
In order to complete a GWO First Aid Refresher training course, delegates must hold:
- A valid GWO First Aid certificate
FREE Guide To The Wind Industry
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take.
Download your FREE guide now >>