Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) provide guidance on offshore lifting operations.
LOLER Awareness training provides an introduction to the application of LOLER in the workplace.
Delegates will be introduced to safe lifting techniques.
The course can be tailored to a specific organisation or industry. It also assists companies with Safety Management Systems (SMS) which require lifting operations to be safely managed.
Delegates completing a LOLER Awareness training course will be able to;
- Understand LOLER and other regulations relevant to lifting operations
- Identify the requirements of the regulations and how they affect their organisation
- Interpret information from the regulations
- Interpret information from a LOLER lifting plan
- Understand where LOLER applies
A LOLER Awareness training course includes;
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessment of lifting operations
- Safe lifting methods
- Safe working practices
There are no formal prerequisites for a LOLER Awareness training course.