Confined Space Training
A staggering number of workers are killed or seriously injured every year in confined spaces in the UK due to a lack of knowledge of confined space environments and the equipment used within them.
AIS Training have therefore developed exciting confined space training courses for awareness of confined space entry, working and evacuation.
The Confined Space training course provides an awareness of working in low or medium risk confined space environments.
Delegates will gain hands-on experience of applying safe working practices and reducing unecessary risk when working in a low risk confined space environment.
The training is delivered in AIS Training's state-of-the-art confined space structure which simulates a real-life enclosure.
Delegates completing a Confined Space training course will be able to;
- Safely access and egress from a confined space
- Understand of the dangers associated with confined spaces
- Work in a confined space
- Evacuate a confined space safely and controlled upon the activation of a gas detector
- Use personal fall protective equipment including harness, fall arrest lanyard, restraint lanyards, tri-pod, davit and retrieval/man riding winches
A Confined Space training course includes;
- Current legislation, ACOP, permit to work and risk assessments
- Confined space dangers
- Gas detection equipment
- Personal fall protective equipment
- Escape breathing apparatus sets including positive pressure, hood and re-breather
- Pre-entry checks on equipment
- Safe systems of work for entry into a confined space
- Methods of communication and emergency procedures
- Vertical entry and egress using a tripod, davit and retrieval/man-riding winches
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment
- Top-person (supervisor) role and responsibilities
There are no prerequisites for a Confined Space training course.