Benzene is a dangerous substance which is often associated with the oil and gas industry.
Benzene Awareness training provides a basic awareness of benzene and the risks involved in working with the substance.
Delegates will learn to use benzene detection equipment and respiratory protective equipment (RPE) to prevent exposure.
Delegates completing a Benzene Awareness training course will be able to;
- Understand the properties of benzene
- Understand the danger of benzene
- Correctly use respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
A Benzene Awareness training course includes;
- What is Benzene?
- How you can be exposed to benzene
- Health hazards of benzene
- Control measures against benzene
- Gas detection and monitoring
- Use of respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
- Medical surveillance and first aid
There are no prerequisites for a Benzene Awareness training course.