RenewableUK (RUK) Wind Turbine Medical
Wind and renewable energy workers should undergo and pass a RenewableUK (RUK) Wind Turbine Medical examination.
The content and criteria of the RUK Wind Turbine Medical has been defined by an RUK work group.
The RUK medical certificate is designed to reflect issues specific to the wind and renewable energy sector, unlike alternative offshore medicals such as the OGUK offshore medical which is designed for the oil and gas sector.
RUK Wind Turbine Medical Overview
RUK Wind Turbine Medicals will take place Monday - Thursday and last 45 minutes.
RUK Wind Turbine Medical Content
An RUK Wind Turbine Medical covers;
- Filling in a medical questionnaire
- Height and weight- BMI
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Urine test for blood, glucose, and protein
- Near and far vision and testing for colour blindness- to bring glasses if they use them
- Peak flow test- for testing of the lungs
- Audiometry- hearing test
- Physical examination which includes ears, nose throat, neck, teeth, chest (heart and lungs, abdomen / hernias / genitourinary, neurological and musculoskeletal
- Chester step test
The Chester step test is an aerobic fitness test which involves stepping up and down on a step of a certain height at 2 minute intervals at faster speeds and measurement of heart rate. The test stops when the participant’s heart rate reaches 80% max and aerobic fitness is calculated at the end.
There are no prerequisites for an RUK Wind Turbine Medical, however, delegates must bring:
- Photo identification e.g passport or driving licence
- Reading / distance glasses (if applicable)
- A record of any medical conditions
- Any medications with doses known
If you're looking to start your career in the wind and renewable energy industry, AIS Training have created course packages combining safety training required for you to work with wind turbines. The packages provide exceptional value for money with a significant discount in comparsion to booking each element individually.
Book your GWO Onshore Renewables Package >>
For availability or to book, please contact our Bookings Team on email@example.com or 0330 202 0569