GWO Fire Awareness
GWO Fire Awareness is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
AIS Training is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of GWO courses >>
Industry experienced instructors deliver courses in a state-of-the-art wind and renewables excellence centre which provides a realistic training environment, and accomodates personnel working both onshore and offshore.
GWO Fire Awareness ensures delegates possess necessary knowledge of the hazards they may encounter within the wind industry, and have the skills to control and mitigate these hazards.
The course provides the knowledge, skills and confidence to appropriately respond in the event of an emergency on an offshore wind installation.
Delegates will learn the proper use of personal protective equipment, emergency equipment and procedures which increases safety in the wind industry.
This training includes experience of a realistic environment, including ‘live’ fire training using a range of first aid fire appliance (FAFA) to combat a fire and evacuate to a safe environment.
Delegates completing a GWO Fire Awareness training course will be able to;
- Identifying any signs of fire
- Follow emergency escape procedures
- Detect smoke
- Recall contingency plans for wind turbines
- Identify causes of fire within a wind turbine environment
- Follow the correct procedures and operation for fire extinguishing with firefighting equipment
A GWO Fire Awareness training course includes;
- Fire development and spreading
- Causes and dangers of fires in wind turbines
- Identifying signs of fire
- Smoke detection and emergency escape procedures
- Correct actions, operation and fire extinguishing
In order to complete a GWO Fire Awareness course, delegates must:
- Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) have launched a Global Wind Industry Records Database (WINDA) which allows your to verify your GWO certificates with employers.
Registering with WINDA is quick and easy, and you must do this before arriving for your course.
View our step-by-step guide to registering with WINDA >>