OPITO Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) with EBS and CA-EBS
OPITO combined FOET includes Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) with Emergency Breathing System (EBS) and Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS). It is often refrerred to as an 'offshore survival refresher'.
FOET training with CA-EBS and EBS is considered the international requirement, if you do not require EBS training you can book an OPITO FOET with CA-EBS>>
OPITO Combined FOET provides the opportunity for offshore personnel to practice and demonstrate emergency response skills which are not covered during drills, exercises and emergency offshore training.
The training includes the use of a compressed air emergency breathing system (CA-EBS) and emergency breathing system (EBS) or rebreather which may be used during offshore helicopter travel.
Delegates completing an OPITO combined FOET will be able to;
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment and follow procedures in preparing for and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate that they can use basic firefighting equipment effectively, and use self-rescue techniques in low visibility and completely obscured visibility situations e.g. smoke filled areas
- Demonstrate that they can perform basic first aid
- Demonstrate the use of Compressed Air - Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and Emergency Breathing System (EBS)
An OPITO combined FOET includes;
- Helicopter safety and escape
- Fire fighting and self rescue
- Emergency first aid
- Emergency Breathing System (EBS) and Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
In order to complete an OPITO combined FOET, delegates MUST hold:
- A valid and in-date BOSIET, TBOSIET, FOET OR TFOET certificate
- A valid and in-date OGUK offshore medical certificate
- A valid and in-date fit to train certificate (mandatory from April 2018, evidence of which must be supplied before the course date)
Please Note: Fit to train relates to the risk of using Compressed Air Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS) and is designed to ensure you are physically fit to use them. OPITO offshore survival courses include in-water training with CA-EBS. You can BOOK YOUR FIT TO TRAIN at AIS Training >>
PLEASE NOTE: If your BOSIET, TBOSIET, FOET or TFOET certificate has expired you will not be able to complete FOET. You must do the initial training again.