OPITO Basic H2S Training
Hydrogen sulphide (H2S) gas is a key hazard which affects operations in the oil and gas industry.
OPITO Basic H2S Training provides an awareness of the characteristics of H2S gas and the potential physiological effects of exposure.
Delegates will learn to use H2S detection equipment and escape breathing apparatus to prevent exposure.
Delegates completing OPITO Basic H2S Training will be able to;
- Understand the properties of H2S gas
- Understand the danger of H2S gas
- Respond appropriately to an H2S incident
OPITO Basic H2S Training includes;
- What is hydrogen sulphide (H2S) gas
- Equipment and how it is used
- Operating personal H2S detection equipment (including checks)
- Responding to an alarm
- Donning and operating (including checks) an escape breathing apparatus (EBA) with a mask within 30 seconds
- Donning and operating (including checks) an EBA with a hood within 30 seconds
- Connecting to a pressurised cascade breathing system with an activated EBA which has been donned correctly
- Disconnecting from a pressurised cascade breathing system with an activated EBA which has been donned correctly
There are no prerequisites for OPITO Basic H2S Training.