CISRS COTS can be considered as the starting point for a scaffolding career.
The training gives delegates an appreciation of general site safety, types of materials and safe methods of manual handling used in scaffolding.
A CISRS COTS includes both classroom and practical based training in the 1 day course.
Delegates completing a CISRS COTS training course will be able to;
- Understand scaffold labouring duties
- Progress into a trainee scaffolder
CISRS COTS training courses include;
- General responsibilities
- Basic scaffolding terminology
- Servicing of equipment (tube, fittings, boards etc)
- Boards and stock - quality control
- Health, welfare, hygiene and housekeeping
- Electrical safety
- Fire prevention and control
- Noise and vibration
- Working at height and slips, trips and falls
- Accident prevention and reporting
- PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Transport safety on site
- Equipment and tools
- Manual handling (including loading and unloading)
- Lifting equipment using rope and wheel