Lifting and Hoisting (Wind Turbine Specific)
Personnel working in the wind industry may be required to operate or assist in a wind turbine lifting or hoisting operation.
AIS Training have developed lifting and hoisting training that is specific to wind turbines for personnel working in the wind industry or related fields.
The training focuses on smaller lifting operations which are completed using a static or fixed type lifting hoist which is mounted in a wind turbine generator nacelle.
Delegates will gain basic knowledge of what is required by law when planning and completing a lifting operation.
Delegates completing Wind Turbine Specific Lifting and Hoisting training will be able to:
- Assist in a wind turbine lifting operation
- Understand the legal requirements of planning a lifting operation
- Understand the legal requirements of carrying out a lifting operation
Wind Turbine Specific Lifting and Hoisting training includes;
- The Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER)
- Basic slinging practises
- Manual hoisting techniques
- Safe use of davit crane
- Planning of a lifting operation
- Pre-use inspection of equipment and accessories
- Working load limits
- Safe working loads
- Manual handling considerations.
- Associated hazards applicable to lifting operations
In order to complete Wind Turbine Specific Lifting and Hoisting training, delegates must hold:
- A valid and in-date GWO/RUK Working at Height certificate
You can book GWO Working at Height at AIS Training >>