GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA)
GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standard for training in the global wind and renewable energy industry.
The standard has been developed in response to the demand for recognisable Enhanced First Aid (EFA) training in the wind industry.
AIS Training is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of mandatory and specialist GWO courses >>
Industry experienced instructors deliver courses in a state-of-the-art wind and renewables excellence centre which provides a realistic training environment, and accomodates personnel working both onshore and offshore.
GWO Enhanced First Aid provides the knowledge and skills to administer safe, effective and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures to save life and give assistance in remote areas.
Delegates will learn to use advanced emergency equipment and medical telecommunication to provide ongoing care to an ill or injured casualty over a period of time while waiting for professional emergency rescue teams to arrive.
The course aims to enable personnel in the wind industry to react to incidents and thus mitigate the results of casualties deriving from the identified risk.
Delegates completing a GWO Enhanced First Aid training course will be able to;
- Understand the importance of carrying out basic and enhanced first aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with local legislation and according to European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines
- Administer safe, effective and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures to save life and give assistance in remote areas using advanced emergency equipment and medical teleconsultation, while having particular regard for personal protection
- Identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment
- Deliver immediate enhanced first aid to stabilise a casualty
- Assess the casualty for injury or acute illness and determine if medical advice and external-to-incident support is required
- Request telemedical consultation and medical/rescue assistance by providing a concise and relevant report of the casualty’s condition while receiving medical advice to stabilise the casualty
- Request immediate medical/rescue assistance providing a concise and relevant report of the casualty’s condition
- Prepare the casualty for transfer to nominated evacuation/rescue point
- Act as a leader in first aid situations
A GWO Enhanced First Aid training course includes;
- Risks, hazards and legislation
- Management of an incident
- National emergency response
- Medical teleconsultation
- Lifesaving and enhanced first aid using primary and secondary survey (including airway management and oxygen)
- Pain management and further possible medication
- Scenario-based training
In order to complete a GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) course, delegates must:
- Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
View our step-by-step guide to registering with WINDA >>
New wind industry technicians can complete GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) training when entering the industry as the course consists of basic First Aid (FA) and EFA elements. Upon completion of the training two certificates (FA and EFA) will be issued.
If you already have a GWO Basic First Aid (FA) or First Aid Refresher (FAR) certificate, you have the option of taking FAR combined with EFA training elements and you will also receive two certificates (FAR and EFA) after successful completion of the training.
Read more about the GWO Enhanced First Aid standard >>
When booking your GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) training you can also include a stay in our on-site hotel before adding your course to the basket. Click BOOK NOW on the right of this course page, select your preffered location and date, and there is a section of the 'book a course' page that asks if you require a hotel room. You can then choose your room and duration of stay from the drop-down menu, before proceeding to add to basket.
PLEASE NOTE: If the duration of the hotel stay you require is not present in the drop-down menu, you can call our team on 0330 202 0668 and they will be happy to accomodate your request.