OPITO Blaster-Sprayer Training Level 1
A blaster-sprayer uses compressors, blasting equipment and paint praying devices to paint the surfaces of a structure.
The OPITO Blaster-Sprayer training programme is widely recognised as the industry standard training for offshore blaster/sprayer operations. The blaster-sprayer's route to acheiving OPITO training and competence certification is comprised of the following stages:
- Initial training
- Workplace experience
- Competence assessment
OPITO Blaster-Sprayer Training Level 1 involves a series of explanations and demonstrations which will identifiy what delegates are expected to know and do in their role as a blaster-sprayer.
Delegates will complete a theory test at the end of the level 1 training programme which demonstrates an understanding of the knowledge elements of the course. This will be followed by practical exercises which will allow delegates to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and understanding of the blaster-sprayer role.
Delegates completing OPITO Blaster-Sprayer Training Level 1 will be able to;
- Demonstrate the knowledge and core skills to begin workplace training and experience under direct supervision
OPITO Blaster-Sprayer Training Level 1 includes;
- History and significance
- Blasting and painting hazards
- Working safely
- Work packs for blasting/spraying activitives
- Working in confined spaces
- Protecting adjacent surfaces and the environment
- Understaning the air supply
- Providing a prepared surface
- Initial surface preparation
- Dry grit and wet slurry blasting
- Paint classifications
- Application by brusher and roller
- Application by airless conventional sprayers
- Specialist coatings
- Quality control for trainees
- The supervisor's role
There are no prerequisites for OPITO Blaster-Sprayer Training Level 1.
OPITO is the industry’s focal point for skills, learning and workforce development. OPITO is a self-sustaining, employer and trade union led organisation committed to developing and sustaining a safe, skilled and effective workforce.
AIS Training offer both the introductory OPITO Blaster Sprayer (Level 1) training course as well as the OPITO Blaster Sprayer Competence Assessment (Level 2).
PLEASE NOTE: You can move directly on to the Competence Assessment (Level 2). However, you must have a formal letter from your employer stating that you have been employed as a blaster/sprayer within the last two years, as well as documented evidence of your employment.