Confined Space Rescue and Recovery of a Casualty
A staggering number of workers are killed or seriously injured every year in confined spaces in the UK due to a lack of knowledge of confined space environments and the equipment used within them.
AIS Training have therefore developed exciting confined space training courses for advanced levels of instruction and rescue simulation.
The training is delivered in AIS Training's state-of-the-art confined space structure which simulates a real-life enclosure.
Confined Space Rescue and Recovery of a Casualty provides the skills to work as part of a dedicated recovery team in a confined space environment.
Delegates will learn to rescue and recover casualties from a confined, enclosed or resrticted space in the event of an emergency.
This course involves the use of respiratory protective equipment (RPE).
Delegates completing a Confined Space Rescue and and Recovery of a Casualty training course will be able to;
- Use appropriate knowledge for carrying out emergency rescue and recovery of casualties from confined spaces
- Prepare to work safely in a confined space under emergency conditions
- Enter and exit a confined space safely
- Prepare and use respiratory protective equipment (RPE) in accordance with manufacturers specifications
- Use rescue equipment safely and in accordance with manufacturers instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
A Confined Space Rescue and and Recovery of a Casualty training course includes;
- Rescue planning
- Alternative strategies for effective rescue
- Tactical decision making
- Operational procedures
- Essential communications
- Emergency casualty evacuation
- Practical, scenario-based training
In order to complete a Confined Space Rescue and and Recovery of a Casualty training course, delegates must hold:
- A valid and in-date high risk confined space certificate
- A valid and in-date first aid certificate