This course is intended for persons responsible for inspecting and checking basic scaffolds for safe use and for signing certificates and registers in accordance with statutory regulations. The overall aim is to develop an understanding of scaffold components, forms of construction and inspection procedures of basic access scaffolds and to comply with current legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Identify and inspect tubes, boards, ladders, gin wheels, ropes and fittings correctly.
- State the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Work at Heights Regulations 2005 and codes of practice relating to scaffolding.
- Identify the construction requirements common to all scaffolds to include: -
- Scaffold framework
- TG20 compliant scaffolds and permissible additions
- Working Platforms, handrails and toeboards
- Safe Access and egress
- Carry out inspections and fault identification on access scaffolds
- Complete and maintain reports in accordance with current statutory provision.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice (ACoPs).
- Scaffold Terminology
- Scaffold Materials
- Means of Access
- Raising and lowering materials
- Scaffold Ties
- Industry Performance Standards
- Design appreciation
- TG20 erection tolerances
- TG20 compliance sheets
- Role of an inspector
- Practical Inspection
Those meeting one of the following criteria will be accepted onto the course:
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Scaffolder card
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor card
- Delegate holds a current or expired CISRS Basic Inspection card and is attending the course in order to renew their card