CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection
The Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS) is a widely recognised scaffolding training scheme.
AIS Training offer a wide range of CISRS scaffolding training courses providing industry recognised scaffolding qualifications. View our scaffolding training courses >>
CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection covers scaffolding components, forms of construction and inspection procedures.
The training will provide an understanding of basic access scaffolds and compliance with current scaffolding legislation and Codes of Practice.
CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection is aimed at persons responsible for inspecting and checking basic scaffolds for safe use, and for signing certificates and registers in accordance with statutory regulations.
Delegates completing a CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection training course will be able to;
- Identify and inspect tubes, boards, ladders, gin wheels, ropes and fittings correctly
- State the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Work at Heights Regulations 2005 and codes of practice relating to scaffolding
- Identify the construction requirements common to all scaffolds to include which includes foundations, scaffold framework, TG20 compliant scaffold and permissible additions, work platforms, handrails, toeboards, safe access and egress
- Carry out inspections and fault identification on access scaffolds
- Complete and maintain reports in accordance with current statutory provision
A CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection training course includes:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice (ACoPs).
- Scaffold terminology
- Scaffold materials
- Means of access
- Raising and lowering materials
- Scaffold ties
- Industry performance standards
- Design appreciation
- TG20 erection tolerances
- TG20 compliance sheets
- Role of an inspector
- Practical inspection
In order to complete CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection, delegates must meet at least 1 of the following criteria:
- Hold a current CISRS Scaffolder card
- Hold a current CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card
- Hold a current CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor card
- Hold a current or expired CISRS Basic Inspection card and is attending the course in order to renew their card