NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is a globally recognised health and safety qualification.
Employers find that the International General Certificate can improve the safety culture of their organisation by providing line management and staff with a sound understanding of the principles of risk management.
The certificate is widely respected by employers throughout the world and provides the academic requirement for Technician Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) and Associate Membership of IIRSM (AIIRSM).
The NEBOSH International General Certificate includes three modules:
- IGC1: Management of International Health and Safety (36 hours of tuition at AIS Training and 23 hours of private study)
- GC2: Control of Workplace Hazards (42 hours of tuition at AIS Training and 26 hours of private study)
- GC3: Health and Safety Practical Application (2 hours of tuition at AIS Training and 4 hours of private study)
The programme of study therefore needs to be based around a minimum of 80 taught hours and approximately 53 hours of private study for an overall total of 133 hours.
IGC1 and GC2 require completion of a two-hour exam for each module. GC3 requires students complete a health and safety inspection of their workplace before producing a management report outlining inspection findings and recommendations- this must be completed and handed in to the practical assessor within 10 working days of the examination.
Our NEBOSH International General Certificate courses are scheduled in such a way as to allow sufficient time between each module, and between NGC2 and the exam, for candidates to conduct their own private study and for revision and exam preparation. This course structure has been identified by NEBOSH as having produced the highest average pass rate and also the highest average grade of pass. Giving our candidates the best possible chance of not only passing but also for achieving a higher grade.
PLEASE NOTE: Although the duration of this course is 11 days in total, there will be a break of approximately 1 week between module IGC1 and modules GC2 and GC3.
Delegates completing the NEBOSH International General Certificate will be able to;
- Identify, control and evaluate a wide range of workplace hazards
- Understand the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK
- Demonstrate a pragmatic approach to managing risk
The NEBOSH International General Certificate includes;
- The importance of and key elements of health and safety management systems
- Principles and practice of risk assessment
- The identification of workplace hazards such as those associated with general workplace issues, fire, electricity.
- Methods for controlling identified workplace hazards
There are no prerequisites for the NEBOSH International General Certficate.
PLEASE NOTE: All those wishing to complete the NEBOSH Course need to be registered 60 days before the exam.