CPCS A40b Slinger Signaller (static duties) training will provide candidates with a thorough practical and theory training in operating as a slinger signaller.
Content covered will equip delegates to pass the CPCS theory and practical tests needed to gain a CPCS Red Trained Operator card.
Trained Operator Card (RED)
The Trained Operator Card confirms a level of core skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in the workplace until measured as competent against national standards. Experienced and able operators may hold a Trained Operator Card whilst being measured against national standards through an SVQ or NVQ.
Once you've obtained your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, it will last for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
- Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice – BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations including selection and competencies
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and safe use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles and the effect on SWL
- Methods of communication
- Establishing load weight and centre of gravity
- Proximity hazards
- Selecting and pre use inspection of lifting accessories
- Verifying documentation and certification
- Attaching accessories to different loads using various slinging techniques
- Signalling for the lifting, transferring and positioning of loads
Delegates must have successfully completed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test (managers and professionals' level) less than two years before attending this course.