GWO Working at Height
GWO Working at Height is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
AIS Training is the UK's number one provider of wind industry training, offering a comprehensive portfolio of GWO courses >>
Industry experienced instructors deliver courses in a state-of-the-art wind and renewables excellence centre which provides a realistic training environment, and accomodates personnel working both onshore and offshore.
A GWO Working at Height course provides the skills and knowledge to work in a safe manner in the wind industry.
This training is designed to meet emergency response training requirements for personnel new to the industry.
Delegates completing a GWO Working at Height training course will be able to;
- Correctly use personal fall protection equipment (PFPE)
- Perform safe working at height
- Perform safe and comprehensive basic rescue from height in a remote wind turbine environment in accordance with RUK/GWO Working at Height standards
A GWO Working at Height training course includes;
- Hazards and risks associated with working at height, specific to a wind turbine generator (WTG)
- National legislation regarding working at heights
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) identification
- The use of relevant PFPE
- Suspension intolerance, cause, affects and treatment
- Actions in the event of an emergency
- Handle a range of rescue situations in WTGs
In order to complete a GWO Working at Height course, delegates must:
- Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) have launched a Global Wind Industry Records Database (WINDA) which allows your to verify your GWO certificates with employers.
Registering with WINDA is quick and easy, and you must do this before arriving for your course.
View our step-by-step guide to registering with WINDA >>
FREE Guide To The Wind Industry
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take.
Download your FREE guide now >>